Dr Xianbo (Bill) Zhao is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Engineering and Technology. Dr Zhao holds a PhD degree (Building) from the National University of Singapore, as well as Master and Bachelor degrees (Construction Management) from Southeast University (China). He joined CQUniversity as a lecturer in April 2014. Dr Zhao serves as an ARC detailed assessor, reviewers of nearly 50 journals, editorial board members of 7 journals, and organizing/scientific/technical program committee members of over 10 international conferences. His research areas cover construction risk management, sustainable construction, smart construction and construction organisation management.
Dr Zhao has published one book, edited one conference proceedings, published around 70 international journal articles (including 3 ESI highly cited papers), and 30 conference papers. He receives a Scopus h-index of 24 and Google Scholar h-index of 28 (Dec 2019).
Dr Zhao is eligible to be a principal supervisor of PhD students.
Publication Recognition Award, Central Queensland University, November 2019
Publication Recognition Award, Central Queensland University, November 2018
Publication Recognition Award, Central Queensland University, November 2017
Chinese Government Award For Outstanding Self-Financed Students Abroad, China Scholarship Council, 2015
Excellent Paper Award, CRIOCM 2014 International Symposium on the Advancement of Construction Management and Real Estate
Research Scholarship, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Aug 2010 – Jan 2014.
Excellent Master Graduate Award (1st place), Southeast University, China, 2010.
Ding Da-Jun Scholarship, Southeast University, China, 2009.
Outstanding Student Award, Southeast University, China, 2008.
Master Scholarship, Southeast University, China, Sep 2007 – Jan 2010.
Member, International Association for Life-Cycle Civil Engineering (IALCCE), 09/2017 – Present
Member, Chinese Research Institute of Construction Management (CRIOCM), 11/2019-Present
• Lead Guest Editor, Special Issue “Advanced Management in Civil Engineering Projects”, Advances in Civil Engineering, 11/2017 – 04/2018
• Lead Guest Editor, Special Issue “Innovative Management Practice for Resilience and Sustainability of Civil Infrastructures”, Sustainability, 06/2018 – 05/2019
• Review Editor, Frontiers in Built Environment, 05/2017 – Present
• Editorial Board Member, International Journal of Project Organization and Management, 04/2015 – Present
June 2008-June 2010, Nanjing Metro Co. Ltd, China
I am currently accredited for supervision in the following:
At the level of Principal Supervisor
Building - Building Construction Management and Project Planning
• Enterprise/project risk management • Sustainable construction • Project organization management • Smart construction