A/Prof Ergun Gide have been employed at CQUniversity in 2000. He has carried out various academic and managerial positions since then.
He is currently the Campus Leader for the School in Sydney. He served Deputy Dean, Research position for the School of Engineering and Technology. In addition to that he had also served Discipline Leader position in Information Systems and Analysis.
A/Prof Gide coordinates and teaches a number of ICT courses as well as supervises many research higher degree (RHD) students. He likes to promote work-integrated learning and industry engagement so inviting many industry experts into his classes as guest lecturers.
A/Prof Ergun Gide has BSc, MSc, MBA and PhD degrees. His PhD was in information systems/e-business. He also has post-doctoral research fellowship in knowledge based e-business systems.
2015 Vice Chancellor's Award for Excellence in Research Higher Degree Supervision - CQUniversity
2014 CQUniversity Student Voice Award for on-Campus “Educator of the Year 2014”
2013 CQUniversity Student Voice Award for on-Campus “Educator of the Year 2013”
2012 Nomination Awards for “Teaching Excellence”, CQU, AIC/CMS
2011 Nomination Awards for “Teaching Excellence”, CQU, AIC/CMS
2010 Nomination Awards for “Teaching Excellence”, CQU, AIC/CMS
2010 FABIE “Students’ Choice” Award, CQUniversity
2009 ALTC National Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning (Tier-3)
2009 Nomination Awards for “Teaching Excellence”, CQU, AIC/CMS
2008 CQUniversity Vice-Chancellor’s “Teacher of the Year” Award
2008 CQUniversity Australian International Campuses “Award for Teaching Excellence”
2007 Nomination Awards for “Teaching Excellence”, CQU, AIC/CMS
2006 The Mort Award, Gold Medal, “Teaching Excellence”, CQU, AIC/CMS
2005 Nomination Award for MORT “Teaching Excellence”, CQU, AIC/CMS
Scholarly Contributions with Journal Editorial Board Memberships:
· GJCS (Global Journal of Computer Sciences) – 2013 – cont.
· PICA (Progress in Intelligent Computing and Applications) Journal – 2012 – cont.
· Journal of Networks, 2013 (Guest Editor)
· Journal of Software, 2013 (Guest Editor)
· Journal of Computers, 2013 (Guest Editor)
· International Contemporary Management Research Journal – 2005 – cont.
· International Journal of Intelligent Technology – 2005 – cont.
· International Journal of Information Technology – 2006 - cont.
· International Journal of Computational Science – 2006 – cont.
· International Journal of Computer Science, 2006- cont.
· International Journal of Computational Intelligence, 2006- cont.
· Global Journal of Information Technology, 2013-cont.
Business and Management - Innovation and Technology Management
Business information systems; entrepreneurship; IT enabled innovation and development; social innovation; intelligent business management.
Education Systems - Higher Education
E-education systems; higher education funding models; higher education marketing strategies; linking education with other disciplines.
Information Systems - Global Information Systems
Information systems theory, Information systems management; information systems in finance, human resources, marketing and business management.