* Australian National University, 2008, 2016-2019
* Western Sydney University, 2013-2015
* University of New South Wales, 2013
* University of Sydney, 2011
* Invited to speak at the University of Hawaii and surrounding high schools about the Stolen Generations and reconciliation, 2019.
* Most recent book, Elections Matter, was launched by Michelle Grattan. I organised and secured funding for a symposium in support of this book with Antony Green as keynote speaker.
* Foundation Fellow of Australian Studies Institute, 2018.
* Invited speaker at University of the Third Age in support of This Time, 2018.
* Keynote speaker at Politics in a Post-Truth World conference at Collegium Civitas, Warsaw, Poland, 2018.
* Book, This Time, was launched in Sydney by Peter FitzSimons and in Canberra by Matt Thistlewaite MP.
* Awarded a Visiting Fellowship at the University of Durham in November 2017.
* Awarded a Visiting Fellowship at Indiana University in September 2017.
* Delivered the 2017 Daniel Deniehy Oration.
* Personal website, Thematic Musings, was archived by the National Library for being of national significance, 2016.
* First book was launched at parliament house by Deputy Prime Minister Wayne Swan and opposition frontbencher Malcolm Turnbull, May 2013.
* Nominated for Best Doctoral Thesis in Canadian Studies by the International Council for Canadian Studies, 2012.
* Selected as one of two inaugural Summer Scholars at the Museum of Australian Democracy, 2008.
I appeared on Sky News as an invited expert to discuss the Australian flag in 2018. I have also appeared on Channel Seven’s Sunrise program, SBS news and News Asia in Singapore.
I have had many radio interviews on local and international stations including with Phillip Adams on Late Night Live, Anna Vidot on ABC Canberra, and Tracey Holmes on Radio National.
I am an active member of the Australian Historical Association and was interviewed for their Emerging Historians section in 2017 and again in 2018 on ‘Dissecting the DECRA’.
I currently have 10 published articles for The Conversation. I was an invited expert to write the explainer on the White Australia Policy. (https://theconversation.com/profiles/benjamin-t-jones-111186/articles)
I have published three articles for ABC’s The Drum (https://www.abc.net.au/news/benjamin-t-jones/4959894) and 46 for Independent Australia (https://independentaustralia.net/profile-on/dr-benjamin-t-jones,21).
Other mainstream publications include:
‘An Australian republic: 150 years in the waiting’, Sydney Morning Herald, 10 February 2018.
‘Now or never: what's holding Turnbull back from a republican referendum?’, The Guardian, 31 July 2017.
‘Australia Needs Soft Power as Asia’s Strategic Balances Shift’, The Diplomat, 9 April 2016.
‘We need to get serious about connecting with Asia’, The Australian, 24 June 2015.
‘Every vote counts, so don't make an ass of yourself’, Sydney Morning Herald, 4 September 2013.
I also engage with colleagues and the general public through my blog, Thematic Musings, and my social media platforms.
HIST8024 Seminar in Advanced Historiography – ANU 2018
HIST8015 Colonial Australia in an Imperial World – ANU 2017
HUMN8029 Debates and Issues in the Humanities – ANU 2016
HIST4012 Topics in Australian History: Colony to Nation – ANU (course was designed but withdrawn)
As sessional tutor and guest lecturer
101999 Twentieth Century Australia – UWS 2015
101957 The Asian Century – UWS 2015
101910 Global History – UWS 2015
100958 Australia and the World – UWS 2013 -2015
101263 Education and Transformation – UWS 2014
ARTS2271 Australia 1901-2008: From Federation to the Apology – UNSW 2013
HSTY2677 Nation and Politics – Usyd 2011
HIST1204 Riots and Rebellions – ANU 2008
I am currently accredited for supervision in the following:
At the level of Principal Supervisor
Specialist Studies in Education - Comparative and Cross-Cultural Education
Historical Studies - Australian History (excl. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander History)