Experienced academic with more than 10 years of work experience in research, academia and industry including A-level publications, research grants, research awards, editorial board memberships and academic leadership roles.
Vanita has international work experience in the higher education sector spanning Australia, India and USA. In 2012-13, she was awarded the highly competitive Fulbright Fellowship to purse postdoctoral research in the area of entrepreneurship and innovation at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA. She was also appointed as a Research Affiliate at the South Asia Institute, Harvard University, USA for her work on Inclusive Innovation, which was cited by the Government of India. Her doctoral research work on innovations in the global delivery model of IT firms won the ‘Best Paper Award’ at the prestigious Indian Institute of Science (IISc)¸ Bangalore India.
Vanita has more than 50 papers in refereed International Journals, Case Studies, International Conferences, and Book Chapters. She has also published two best-selling case studies at the Harvard Business School publications online with more than 8000 copies sold worldwide. Vanita has worked on interdisciplinary research projects funded by the US State-Fulbright Foundation, Government of India, Indian Council of Social Science Research, European Union and other funded projects. She has also served as an Associate Editor of two Journals and served as a Reviewer for various refereed International Research Journals and Conferences like the Academy of Management (AoM).
Her research and teaching interests are in the area of Innovation and Entrepreneurship. She also has experience of supervising PhD students and contributing towards Doctoral level courses on Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Mixed Methods and Qualitative Research Design. Vanita would welcome queries from potential doctoral students interested in pursuing research on entrepreneurship, innovation and strategic management.
On the personal front, Vanita is a happy, responsible and creative person with experience in voluntary social work and freelance contemporary fine arts.
Research and teaching interests: Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Post-Doctoral Fellow, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge USA
PhD, Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon, India
Graduate Certificate in Tertiary & Adult Education, CQUniversity, Australia
Research Affiliate, South Asia Institute, Harvard University, USA (2012-13)
Assistant Professor, Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) India (2010-17)
Assistant Professor, Management Development Institute (MDI) Gurgaon, India (2008-09)
- CQU Learning and Teaching Student Voice Commendation 2019 'On-campus Educator of the Year' Award certificate for the Unit MGMT 20148: Strategic Innovation, HE Term 2, 2019.
- School of Business and Law, Platinum Certificate for Top rated Unit (MGMT20148, Term 2, 2019) at CQU. 5 out of 5 on Teaching Evaluations.
- School of Business and Law, Gold Certificate for Highly rated Unit (MGMT19105, Term 2, 2019) at CQU. 4.8 out of 5 on Teaching Evaluations.
- CQU Mid-Career Researcher Fellow, 2020.
- Fulbright Postdoctoral Fellowship Award.
- Best Paper Award, COSMAR, Indian Institute of Science (IISc.) Bangalore INDIA.
- Nomination for Best Paper Award at the 47th Academy of Marketing Conference, University of Bournemouth UK.
- Certificate of 'Recognition of Outstanding Service' as Editorial Review Board member of IMA Educational Case Journal (IECJ), Institute of Management Accountants, USA.
Associate Editor- International Journal of Innovation in the Digital Economy (IJIDE), IGI Global, USA (2011- to date).
Associate Editor-International Journal of Rural Management (IJRM), Sage Publications (2012-2017).
Editorial Review Board member -IMA Educational Case Journal (IECJ), Institute of Management Accountants, USA (2009 - 2017).
IT Industry Experience: Development Executive, NIIT Limited India (2001).
Small Enterprise Association of Australia and New Zealand (SEAANZ)
I am currently accredited for supervision in the following:
At the level of Principal Supervisor
Business and Management - Entrepreneurship
Business and Management - Innovation and Technology Management