Dr Kalam Azad, Lecturer - Mechanical Engineering, School of Engineering and Technology, Central Queensland University, Australia. He has a strong record of research publications and achievement in the areas of renewable energy technologies, energy conversion, and thermofluids engineering and their relevant industrial applications. His research focused on clean energy production and mitigation of environmental pollution. He has had an excellent publication track record throughout his career. He has been published about eighty scientific articles including three edited refereed books, eight book chapters, forty-seven journal articles, and twenty-four conference papers so far. His first edited book on “Clean Energy for Sustainable Development” published by Academic Press, ELSEVIER in 2016. His second edited book on ‘Advances in Eco-fuel for a Sustainable Environment’ has been published as a part of Woodhead Publishing Series in Energy, ELSEVIER in 2018. His 3rd book on ‘Advanced Biofuels: Applications, Technologies, and Environmental Sustainability’ has being published by Woodhead Publishing Series in Energy, ELSEVIER. His 4th book "Advances in Clean Energy Technologies" and 5th book "Bioenergy Resources and Technologies" both have been publishing by ELSEVIER under the imprint of Academic Press (AP). He made significant contributions to engineering education, research, and scholarship. He published some articles in respected journals, which have high impact factors. The recognition of his research has been strongly demonstrated through a large number of citations 1624 and h-index 22 (Google Scholar) and h-index 18 (Scopus). He is also working as a reviewer of different renowned international journals and books. Currently, he is a member of different professional bodies throughout the world. He has been significantly contributing to the strategic research on Clean and Sustainable Energy Technologies at Central Queensland University, Australia.
Central Queensland University, Australia
Central Queensland University, Australia
Awards and Scholarships
· 2019 Student Voice Commendation Award, CQUniversity, Australia.
. 2017 Publication Recognition Award (Academic Level B), CQUniversity, Australia.
· 2016 SET Research Higher Degree Symposium Award 2016, CQUniversity, Australia.
· 2013 – 2016 Strategic Research Scholarship, Central Queensland University, Australia.
· 2012 Best Employee of the Year 2012, Sylhet Gas Fields Limited, Bangladesh.
· 2004 – 2007 Academic Excellency & Merit Scholarship, Rajshahi University of Engineering and Technology.
· 2005 – 2006 Royse Uddin Memorial Scholarship, Rajshahi University of Engineering and Technology.
· 2000 – 2002 Bangladesh Education Board Scholarship, Jessore, Bangladesh.
CITATION AND IMPACT (Recognition of my Research)
|Citation Status on||Citation counted by||Total citations||Impacts|
|27/11/2019||Google Scholar||1624||h-index = 22||i10-index = 39|
|27/11/2019||Research Gate||1110||h-index = 17||Total reads = 61,495|
|27/11/2019||Scopus||929||h-index = 18||-|
|27/11/2019||Mendeley||937||h-index = 18||Views = 71,450|
|EMEM20003: Thermofluids Engineering Applications|
|ENEM20002: Fluid Power Engineering and Control|
|ENEM20001: Advanced Modelling, Simulation and Control of Dynamic System|
|ENEG20001: Australian Engineering Practice|
|ENER20001: Introduction to Railway Engineering|
|ENEM14014: Capstone Thermofluid Engineering|
|ENEM14016: Fluid Machinery|
|ENEM14015: Dynamic System Modelling and Control|
He has more than 5 years of working experience in petroleum sectors in Bangladesh Oil, Gas and Mineral Corporation (Petrobangla) under the ministry of power, energy and mineral resources.
Member Engineers Australia (EA): Membership Number – 5382941 (PEng.)
Member Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB): Membership Number – M 30477
Member Australasian Association for Engineering Education (AAEE): Membership Number –5382941
Member Sustainable Engineering Society: Membership Number – 5382941
Member International Association of Engineers (IAENG): Membership Number – 171761
Member Bangladesh Society of Mechanical Engineers (BSME): Membership Number – M09004ME
Member Bangladesh Automobile Association (BAA)
Member International Association of Risk and Compliance Professionals
ANSYS (Fluent & IC Engine)
AutoCAD, Solid works
1. A. K. Azad and Mohammad Rasul, “Advanced Biofuels (Applications, Technologies and Environmental Sustainability)”, 2019; Publisher – Woodhead Publishing, ELSEVIER, (ISBN: 9780081027912).
2. A. K. Azad, “Advances in Eco-fuels for a Sustainable Environment”, 2018; Publisher – Woodhead Publishing, ELSEVIER, (ISBN: 9780081027288).
3. M.G. Rasul, A. K. Azad and Subhash Sharma, “Clean Energy for Sustainable Development (Comparisons and contrasts of new approaches)”, 2016; Publisher – Academic Press, ELSEVIER, (ISBN: 9780128054239).
4. A. K. Azad, “Advances in Clean Energy Technologies”, 2020; Publisher –Academic Press (AP), ELSEVIER (In Press).
A. K. Azad, and Masud Khan, “Bioenergy Resources and Technologies”, 2021; Publisher –Academic Press (AP), ELSEVIER. (Accepted).
I am currently accredited for supervision in the following:
At the level of Associate Supervisor
Mechanical Engineering - Dynamics, Vibration and Vibration Control
Mechanical Engineering - Energy Generation, Conversion and Storage Engineering
· Thermofluids engineering applications · Dynamics system modelling and control · Advanced CFD analysis · Renewable energy technologies (wind, solar, aviation biofuel, advanced biodiesel) · Advanced combustion modelling.
Mechanical Engineering - Mechanical Engineering not elsewhere classified
Mechanical Engineering - Tribology